Get the best!
Our Defensive Driving Course is designed and written with the assistance of a select group of devoted highway traffic safety trainers and specialists who have contributed to the research, development and updates of our defensive driving courses.
Point and Insurance Reduction Benefits
10% Insurance Premium Reduction
Take DDC-NY online defensive driving course or in the classroom and save on your insurance costs. Don't wait until your premium expires. Take DDC-NY online defensive driving course now — and earn your insurance and point reductions.
You'll receive up to a 10% reduction on your motor vehicle collision and liability insurance premium each year for three years.
The reduction applies to the base rate of your automobile and motorcycle insurance premiums, provided you are listed as the principal operator. Check with your insurance carrier for specific details on your total savings.
Up to a four-point reduction on your driving record:
DDC-NY online defensive driving course may also allow you to receive up to a four-point reduction on your driving record. The course may be taken once every 18 months for the point-reduction benefit.
How do you get your insurance or point reduction?
- Upon completion, NSC will mail a Certificate of Completion to the address you provided and will electronically notify the New York State (NYS) DMV
- If you are eligible, the DMV will automatically apply the point reduction to your driving record
- You are responsible for submitting the Certificate of Completion to your insurance company, who will automatically apply the reduction to your policy
Who should take this course?
- New drivers just receiving their driver's license
- People who spend a lot of time behind the wheel
- Violators who have incurred points on their driving record
- Anyone who wants to lower their insurance cost
Does NSC provide the option of classroom training?
Yes. If you prefer to take a face-to-face classroom course, we have very knowledgeable instructors near you. Locate Defensive Driving Classroom Courses in New York.
How long is the course?
All online defensive driving courses approved by the New York DMV are required to be no less than 6 hours. This online defensive driving course fulfills that requirement. Our online defensive driving course is fully narrated, providing an easier user-experience than other courses that require reading through content or which charge an additional fee for narration. You may take the online defensive driving course in increments at your leisure, with a convenient built-in bookmark feature that allows you to return where you left off. Please note the course must be completed within 30 days.